- I feel like the biggest hypocrite. I mean, I made up this editorial calendar and I haven’t followed it. *sigh* I’m trying, people. I really, really am. *shrugs*
- Obviously, since yesterday’s shocking news, I’ve been listing to this playlist a lot. I may have annoyed my coworkers. I don’t care. I won’t go into how I feel about this particular death. The internet is just absolutely flooded with responses and all of them are better put than mine. I’ll point you in two directions. This one by the ever lovely LAF and this one by also the ever lovely Wayne Wise. I actually thought of both of them at the same time when my husband told me the news. I can’t imagine going 18 months and then creating a piece of art (because let’s face it, David Bowie = art). I then immediately thought of my mother, undergoing chemo. They are roughly the same age (my mother is a hair bit older). It makes me shiver.
- There’s some drama going down around my life. Thankfully, it’s not mine. I’m just an observer. But this is a similar song and dance and I would like to stop watching. But I can’t. The same patterns emerge and I don’t think the person who is living through it has learned anything. And that makes me sad. I’m not going into any details about it. There are others involved that have no choice but to be involved.
- I love snow. I really do. I even like shoveling. Yes, I know. That makes me completely off my rocker. And guess what? Winter’s finally arrived here in my little part of the country. I couldn’t be happier. Seriously.
- I’ve been playing a lot of Fallout 4 lately. Well, when my husband isn’t binging on it. How much have we been binging on it? We haven’t watched the Christmas special of Doctor Who. That’s just…the strangest thing ever for us. I’m going to try and make us watch it tonight. Besides, Agent Carter and The Flash come back next week, followed by Legends of Tomorrow. Oh, and some little thing called X-Files. By the way, the character I created in Fallout 4 looks suspiciously like Bethany Hawke from Dragon Age II, only with a darker complexion. Go figure. Bethany is a mage and a Grey Warden to boot. It seems absolutely plausible to me that Bethany would find some way to survive and thrive in the Fallout universe. But where’s her magic, Charlie? Well, something has to suffer.
- Have I told you about my love of the new Star Wars film? No? Well, I do. It’s everything that I wanted it to be and more. Are there flaws? Of course. But I’m willing to overlook them. My husband and I were discussing the other day how we believe The Force more than those damn Midi-chlorians that the prequels tried to shove down our throats. As two people who do not have a lot of religion in life, he thought it was strange how we believe The Force over Midi-chlorians. I told him that if the Midi-chlorians had been better explained we might have. And isn’t that basically true of the age-old science vs religion debate? If people could explain one thing better than the other wouldn’t one “win” over the other? Perhaps, I am being too broad. Who knows. It’s a semi-formed thought. Forgive me.
Anyway, that’s all I’ve got for today. Hope your Tuesday is going swimmingly.